Re: not enough colors: I need 10 colors + 4 planes.

    >> It's in fact too MANY colors for flying. Try changing to 8 bit.

    Karsten> xnest is your friend.

Sadly, this is not the case.  Xnest (at least in XF4) only gives you
the visuals the underlying X server supplies.

So, you can get Xnest to do 8bpp on a TrueColor X server only if the X
server supplies *both* visuals (8bpp and 24/32bpp) at the same time.

And there seems to be only one X server that does this: the one for
Matrox cards (G400 only I think... pretty certainly no chips older
than G200/400).

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326