Re: Killing session remotely?

Okay,

Login remotely using whatever ID and enter "su -" The machine will ask for the root password. Enter that and type: "ps -fA | grep gnome" (otherwise you'll be flooded with PID's....). If you can't find the session, enter "ps -fA | less" so you'll be able to scroll through the entire process list.

A guru-friend of mine came up with this one:
Go to the machine (physically, that is) and press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. This should kill the x-session.

Once the X-session is killed, do the same with the user that screwed up in the 1st place ;-)