Re: Getting package from "testing" for potato

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:15:09PM +1000, Mark wrote:

> I can't seem to figure out what the build-depends are.  I tried doing
> "apt-cache show hotplug", but it can't find it because I only have deb-src
> pointing to testing.  (The rest is pointing to stable and Adrian Bunk's
> stuff).

Use the command

apt-get build-dep hotplug

to fulfill hotplugs's build dependencies. Sometimes this will give you an
error that it can't find one (or more) of the packages needed to fill the
build dependancies; if this is the case build them from source first (using
`apt-get build-dep` and `fakeroot apt-get -b source`).

--
Harry Henry Gebel
West Dover Hundred, Delaware