Re: Gnus as email client (was: GUI Email program)

Hello Jan,

* Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

> Johann Spies <jhspies@adept.co.za> writes:
>
> > I would like to know what is it that you like so much about
> > Emacs+Gnus?
>
> I used mutt for years. Now I change to gnus, because I want to use my
> newsgroups and my mailinglists in the same way. Without the usenet and
> without high-traffic mailinglists like debian-user I would stay with
> mutt. It sucks less. ;-)

There is a fine patch out for giving Mutt NNTP-abilities.
Yeah it's great.

I've made some unofficial deb's:
# Packman
deb ftp://ftp.links2linux.de/pub/packman/debian/ unstable/i386/
deb-src ftp://ftp.links2linux.de/pub/packman/debian/ unstable/src/

same for stable.

cya
Waldemar

--
It's naive to assume that just installing a firewall is going to protect
you from all potential security threat. That assumption creates a false