From: Saqib Shaikh [mailto:ss@saqibshaikh.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 6:11 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: perfect debian computer

ok, in my opinion:
modem: go with 3com modems, they are the best internal modems for linux since they generally aren't winmodems. almost all external modems will work. finally for internal modem info could try www.linmodems.com
sound card: i strongly recommend sound blaster 1024 live or sound blaster platinum.
video card: i'd go with nvidia
hope this helps, saqib