HOWTO remove a previous wildcard file list?

Anyone know of a method to easily solve this ...

I *sometimes* list the files before deleting them:

	ls A*.pdf

Ensuring I have only listed the ones I wish to delete, I then enter:

	rm A*.pdf

Great, but anyone know of an easier why than the following?

1) Type the second command followed by the selected mask?
"ls" with "rm".

I'm thinking something like the bash CTRL-R combo? Where you would
type rm (second command) and do a key-combo and fill rest of previous
line in, or to step it further you could keep scrolling back in
history with uparrow-something combo?

Thanks!

Mark