Re: HOWTO remove a previous wildcard file list?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:15:40PM -0400, Mark Hurley wrote:

> Anyone know of a method to easily solve this ...
>
> I *sometimes* list the files before deleting them:
>
> 	ls A*.pdf
>
> Ensuring I have only listed the ones I wish to delete, I then enter:
>
> 	rm A*.pdf
>
> Great, but anyone know of an easier why than the following?
>
> 1) Type the second command followed by the selected mask?
> "ls" with "rm".

I would either do
$ ^ls^rm
or
$ rm !!:$
or
$ rm <alt-.>

Pressing <alt-.> repeatedly cycles through the last word in each
command in your history.

Rob

--
In case of atomic attack, the federal ruling against prayer in schools
will be temporarily canceled.