Re: NB : unsubscribing

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>on Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:58:00AM +0100, Colin Watson
>(cjw44@flatline.org.uk) wrote:
>
>I've seen several posts regarding unsubscribing lately and am getting
>the impression that the listmaster address isn't being closely
>monitored.  If so, this isn't good, and has lead to some rather
>impressive flameouts in the past.

I know that at least one of the people behind listmaster@ is active, but
he's also pretty hideously busy with other stuff (security, managing
stable point releases, sysadmin). It could probably do with more
developers watching it.

>In general, the contact information portion of the Debian website could
>be substantially improved.  Anyone know how to find an officers list
>from the front page without a priori knowledge?

Click on "Contact Us" in the main menu, scroll down past "Commonly
Requested Addresses", and follow the link saying "... jobs and e-mails
to use ...". I agree it probably ought to be somewhere more obvious -
file a bug against www.debian.org?