Unsubscribing issues (was Re: <no subject>)

on Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 08:07:30AM -0700, JC Portlock (ke6ume@snowcrest.net) wrote:
> On Friday 20 April 2001 02:03 am, Felicity wrote:
> > unsubscribe

> Try again with  "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

Nope.

Standard unsubscription:

Or, as a GNU/Linux command:

...which is what the list tag used to say, but it was considered too
confusing.  Subject line doesn't matter.

Problems are supposed to be reported to listmaster@debian.org, but I'm
seeing both list and personal mail (no, I'm not part of Debian
International, I just get singled out), indicating problems or lack of
response from this address.   Not sure how closely it's being monitored.

Lists are great when they work and really, really frustrating when they
don't *stop* working....  I can understand the frustrations.

And, to eliminate confusion, I'm *not* trying to unsubscribe myself.