Re: debian 2.2r3 ?

upgrade only upgrades what you already have and won't delete any packages,
dist-upgrade will add new packages that got added into the requirements
and delete new conflicts.  Use upgrade regularly, and use dist-upgrade
only when you have a real need and are willing to deal with the
consequences (one dist-upgrade I remember nuked most of my perl-based
programs :( ).

--
Sacred cows make the best burgers

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!!!