Re: Installing Debian on a Mac 7600 with G3 upgrade

> I noticed that the BootX 1.2.2 ReadMe says in bold lettering "BootX and
> miBoot should be avoided on "newworld" type machines". As I don't know
> if my machine qualifies as a "new world" type machine, I have to ask:
> has anyone tried BootX on a machine like mine? or is that not such a
> good idea? If Bootx is not an option here., what is?

I don't have very much experience with installing Linux on the PPC architecture
but I believe that "yaboot" is the bootloader that you want to use if you have a
"newworld" machine.  That being said I have no idea if your is newworld.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction,
Andy