Re: Installing Debian on a Mac 7600 with G3 upgrade

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Andrew D Dixon wrote:

> I don't have very much experience with installing Linux on the PPC
> architecture but I believe that "yaboot" is the bootloader that you
> want to use if you have a "newworld" machine.  That being said I have
> no idea if your is newworld.

A 7600 isn't a NewWorld machine. "NewWorld" means a Mac without the
old-style Toolbox ROM. The first ones were the original iMacs and Blue and
White G3s in late 1998-early 1999.

Cheers,
Aaron

--
So:  My point is that [Microsoft] may have a ton of money and be more
vicious than a junkyard dog, and have a stranglehold on dimwitted IS

-- Rick Moen, on macosx-for-users