Installing Debian on a Mac 7600 with G3 upgrade

Hi,

I just downloaded Bootx from

http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/pmac

along with other files shown on that page required for  installation of
Debian
GNU/Linux on a PowerMac.

I have never tried to install Debian GNU/Linux or any other Linux on my
mac or any other computer for that matter.

I have a PowerMac 7600 which has an XLR8 400 Mhz  Mach Speed G3 Card
replacing the original Apple132 Mhz processor (daughter) card.

I noticed that the BootX 1.2.2 ReadMe says in bold lettering "BootX and
miBoot should be avoided on "newworld" type machines". As I don't know
if my machine qualifies as a "new world" type machine, I have to ask:
has anyone tried BootX on a machine like mine? or is that not such a
good idea? If Bootx is not an option here., what is?

Thanks .... Leyah