Booting Problems

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with my laptop. I'm not blaming it on any particular software or OS, but I thought someone might could help me out. My laptop dual boots Win98 and Debian (testing) using LILO. I can boot up into Linux any time I want to, no problem. However, if I'm in Linux, or have been in Linux, I have to first enter Win98 in safe mode, and then reboot into normal mode. If I try going in with normal before I use safe mode, it reboots halfway through loading windows. However, if I haven't been in Linux since the last time I was in Win98, I can boot straight into Win98. Any idea what could be going wrong? Thanks in advance!

Ben Pharr