Re: good laptops

Paul Clifford wrote:

> What are some good laptop vendors that will run Debian Linux reliably?

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2100CDT that I have been running Debian on.
I don't know if they still make this particular model or not (I've had
it since February 2000), but if not, I would assume they have a
comparable model available.  I have run potato on it since it was
frozen, and upgraded to Woody (with a few Sid packages here and there) a
few months ago.  The only problem I had was the winmodem.  I bought a
PCMCIA modem and never looked back.

P.S.  Check out http://www.xmission.com/~mt/2100cdt_slackware.html for
details on my Slackware installation (hmmm...maybe I ought to put
something up for my Debian experiences with it...).  I did have some
trouble with that install though...
--
Morgan Terry
mterry@acsbps.com

It is easier to move a problem around (for example, by moving
the problem to a different part of the overall network
architecture) than it is to solve it.  --RFC 1925