Re: lists.debian.org: FAQ / tip-of-the-day

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 02:24:20AM -0400, Rob Mahurin wrote:
> > > I imagine the following format:
> > >
> > > --- begin hypothetical message ---
> > > Subject:  Frequently Asked Questions on debian-user
> >
> > nice start so far. add it to http://newbieDoc.sourceForge.net?
>
> You must have left town for the weekend, Will; I expected you to ask
> me that days ago.  I'll look at it.

LOL. incorrigible, ain't i? :) !

> > don't let anyone put a damper on this effort. it's important!
> > (and when you're done -- we prefer sgml, docbook style, but we'll
> > accept html -- add it to our itty-bitty library at newbiedoc over
> > at http://sourceforge.net/projects/newbiedoc/ !)
>
> Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm keeping working drafts at
> http://web.utk.edu/~rmahurin/debian-user-faq/faq.html ; s/faq.html//
> for a little front matter.

looked at your pages -- very nice! and they just happen to
resemble our newbiedoc effort -- what a coincidence! :)

your *.txt rendering looks like it's intended for on-console
viewing, though -- some lleetttteerr--ddoouubblliinngg in
headings (which work as bold on a console display via less) and
u_n_d_e_r_s_c_o_r_i_n_g_ as well (for underlining) that don't
come across in an html browser.

also check out a more general debian-newbie-like faq startup (as
opposed to your debian-user faq, tho it may give you ideas):

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0008/msg02823.html

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com