Re: To sid or not to sid?

I've done it a number of times on various machines without any major issues.
The biggest things are XFree86 changing versions, and the fact that any
given day, at any given time, some of the packages *may* be broken (hence:
unstable ;) ) Suprisingly (at least to me) unstable seems to be MORE stable
at any given time than testing, which can drop key packages seemingly at the
drop of a hat (it's a side-effect of how testing works...)

If you're confident that your video card is well supported under XFree86
4.x, and that you can configure it, I say go for it.  Just make sure to stay
on top of what's broken and such (this list helps) before you do a
dist-upgrade (and learn how to submit meaningful bug reports).  If the idea
of upgrading a few packages, only to find out you can't get into X anymore
(or can't dialup, or can't run program xyzzy, or whatever) scares the
bejeezus out of you (and it should!) you may want to consider staying with
stable.

Of course, the bleeding edge is the only way for me =)

-b3