Re: newbie fighting with Helix Gnome

At 12:27 AM 4/18/01 -0400, joeytsai wrote:
:: Ross Boylan ::
> Is this a bug with anything, or just an inevitable result of trying to put
> unlike things (ximian and debian) together?

If you are running unstable (sid), you should not be running Ximian's Gnome.
Purge their packages (they have ximian or helix in their version) and use
Debian's.

    // joey tsai
I'm running testing (woody).  What's the right move for that?

Also, I noticed some other threads referred to ximian for stable; that's certainly a change. I remember when I got Helix Gnome it required woody.