Re: Sendmail or mail worries

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Eileen Orbell wrote:

> A mailq returns about 30 of my attempts.
> returns
> BAA02828        1 Sun Apr 15 01:41 <eileen@mail.orbell.net>
>                   (Deferred)
>                                     eileen
> BAA01042     1714 Sun Apr 15 01:18 postmaster
>                   (Deferred)

I'll guess that you're using sendmail 8.9.3 - if so, check that
your local delivery agent (procmail, deliver, etc.) is SUID.

No one has found how the suid bit on procmail gets reset, but it
occasionally happens around the 8.9.3 timeframe.

For 8.9.3 without a suid MDA, mail will just sit in the queue forever.

--
Rick Nelson
<Cylord> Would it be acceptable to debian policy if we inserted a crontab