apt-get/dpkg trouble

Hello,

I tried to remove some ximian pakages from my sytem using

apt-get --purge remove mozilla-psm mozilla-mailnews

Whan I do this the systen gives the following error messages:

Removing mozilla-mailnews ...
dpkg: error processing mozilla-mailnews (--purge):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Removing mozilla-psm ...
dpkg: error processing mozilla-psm (--purge):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
 mozilla-mailnews
 mozilla-psm

What can I do to correct this?

I used dkpg --set-selection to put these two packages on hold so I could at
least finish installing other packages, but I really want to get rid of them.

Yours,
Gerrit Jan.