Re: Debian compatibility with MP3 devices

"Noah L. Meyerhans" wrote:

> Hey all.  I am considering purchasing some kind of small portable mp3
> player, but I don't want to get one that can only download its songs
> from a Windows box.  I know that there's kernel support for a USB link
> to a Diamond Rio 500 (and later models?).  But it seems like there are
> better players out there (i.e. players with more memory).  Does anybody
> here own such a device?  Which ones can talk to Linux?

  I have my eyes set on http://pjbox.com/ with 20GB HD, it was reported
as working well with linux. It's quite expensive but they also have
cheaper 6GB version. It looks like it's fairly good technically, it has
10min. memory (so the HD can sleep longer = longer battery life)...

	erik