Re: Harddisk sugguestion?

"Karsten M. Self" wrote:

> The other consideration, of course, is IDE vs. SCSI.  For a
> general-purpose single-user system, IDE is probably sufficient.
> However, if you're looking at a multi-user environment, heavy
> data I/O, or lots of multiprocessing (development, data processing,
> server), SCSI offers a strong performance advantage, for about twice the
> price.

yeah scsi rules. up until a few weeks ago my main system was all ultrawide
scsi..till 2 of the quantum drives died within 2 weeks of each other..
now im cruisin with dual 20.1GB ibm 7200rpm(ide) drives in software raid1
off of a promise ata100 controller.. quantum sucks, but they did send me
9gig ultra160 drives to replace the failed 4.5GB ultra 2 drives :)
rock solid..haven't rebooted since i reinstalled the system 21 days 23
hours ago :)

(just gotta remember not to store very important info on them ..)

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336