Re: email worries

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 07:25:22PM -0400, Eileen Orbell wrote:

> I had a DNS error yesterday which is fixed to day.  But I have run into a
> email problem now.  I am using sendmail and qpopper.  I can send email fine
> but cannot receive.  If I send email from my 2000 box to my debian account
> the email does not get bounced back, but I am not receiving any.  I can
> ping the mail server no worries and can also send email out on the debian
> box.

Depending on your mail program, make sure you have full logging (as in, you see the whole conversation between your email client and sendmail.
If the connection looks fine (you see the email client logging on the
mail server, and sending the mail), go to your debian system, and check
the system logs.  I think sendmail logs the connections in /var/log/mail.
Then check there.

Failing that, you could try to manually connect to your mail system
using telnet to port 25

--
email: john@fjellstad.org                   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

#####          I'm subscribed to this list, no need to cc:          ######