Re: Update on 'unstable' left Gnome unusable

I have a thread I started up a little ways, so watch that series as well. It
is called "startx not working, but X does".

try the following:
1) get a command line with no graphical login. kill any X process or xdm or
gdm
2) do:
user@host:~$ X&
( it will start an X server. Hit ctl-alt-F1 to get back to the prompt )
user@host:~$ DISPLAY=:0 gnome-session

I hope this helps you. I guess someone broke a package. Please tell me if you
find a way to get it working. I am just gonna wait out for a new update from
this point.

Looks like they call it "unstable" for a reason. That's O.K., I would still
rather use unstable for my desktop. Beats old software!

Regards,
	Jeff Davis