Re: startx not working, but X does

I am still at a loss... I tried downgrading alomost every package with the
letter "x" in it back to when it was working.

However, you might find the following helpful:

$ X&
$ DISPLAY=:0 gnome-session

... worked for me to get gnome running. Replace 'gnome-session' with 'kde2'
and it will start kde.

I think it must have to do with some of the base x packages (xbase-clients,
xserver-xfree86, xfree86-common), or maybe the video card support:
xserver-<cardtype> (I use xserver-r128, tell me if you use the same).

I will let you know immediately if I get anything working.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis

On Saturday 14 April 2001 16:50, Jens Gecius wrote:
> Corey Popelier <pancreas@dingoblue.net.au> writes:
> > If you just did an upgrade today, then you aren't the only person with
> > the problem. However, I suspect its' actually a KDE related problem
> > that's breaking X. I've now reverted t
o a X/WindowMaker setup until I see