Re: printer and masqmail (potato r2)

* robin <robin.jag@free.fr>, 2001-04-14 17:29 +0200:
> with mutt in .muttrc :
>  set print_commande="lpr" : nothing printed
>  set print_commande="lpr -Plp1" : %%[stcolor.ps...]%%
>  set print_commande="lpr" nothing printed
>  set print_commande="lpr" ok but without accent in french

It work and works not at once? ;)

> with xemacs : print buffer : nothing printed
>             : pretty print buffer : searching for program: not any file
> or directory of this type :lpr -Plp3

I can't make sense of the whole thing. I suspect your /etc/printcap is
somehow messed up. You could rename it (just to have it around for
reference), wipe out the spool dirs in question, purge and reinstall
apsfilter. Personally, I'd prefer and suggest magicfilter, but I've
never tried it with Epson myself. I've set up some Epson printer with
CUPS however...

> I have All this problems with potato r2 and that is why I had to
> reinstall potato r0 on an other hard disk and with potato r0 my
> printer runs fine.

Shouldn't have been necessary, this is not Windows... What happens if
you take the r0 /etc/printcap, install it on the r2, restart lpd?

> So it is a problem with potato r2 and my printer, my printer is epson LQ
> 100 and the driver st800 works fine with my printer with potato r0.

Did you do an apt-get dist-upgrade? Tried another filter?

> Is it possible to obtain the same result with potato r2 without changing
> my printer ?

Should be.

Good luck.

Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]