Re: slow shutdown

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:35:38PM -0500, Andrew D Dixon wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've been playing around with NIS and NFS and now my system hangs for
> about four minutes on shutdown.  It goes along OK until it gets to:
>
> Deconfiguring network interfaces:
>
> then stalls and after four minutes shuts down normally.

17:16 $ grep -C "Deconfiguring network interfaces:" /etc/init.d/*
/etc/init.d/networking-            echo "NOT deconfiguring network interfaces: NFS/SMB shares still mounted."
/etc/init.d/networking-        else
/etc/init.d/networking:            echo -n "Deconfiguring network interfaces: "
/etc/init.d/networking-            ifdown -a
/etc/init.d/networking-            echo "done."

Does ifdown hang when you're not shutting down?  RTFM ifdown, then
try ifdown -avn to debug things.

Rob

--
Type louder, please.