Re: CD-RW recommendations

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 10:48:27PM -0400, Shawn D'Alimonte wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2001 22:23, D-Man wrote:
> > I think my desktop qualifies as "cheap" ($, I only paid ~$400)
> > because I bought some parts and kept some others.  It is a Duron 750
> > with 128MB RAM.  If I get that drive I will get the free memory and
> > have 256MB!
>
> That said I have never seen an underrun on my system (850MHz Athalon,
> 128MB RAM).  I don't do any CD to CD copying though.

For what it's worth, I have an IDE CD-RW (made by HP) running on a
Pentium 200MHz with a mere 40 MB of RAM and I've never had my buffer
go under 87%.

However, it only writes at 4x, and I don't do CD-to-CD or pipe mkisofs
to cdrecord, either.  But buffer underruns are, in my opinion,
definitely overrated.

Rob

--
How's it going in those MODULAR LOVE UNITS??