Re: Installed X4 and Nvidia Kernel, help getting a window scheme like wmaker setup

My solution would be to create a ~/.xsession file, and put in the line:

exec wmaker

...then restart X and see what you get.  AFAIK, .xinitrc only works when
you're starting x from the console (IE: 'startx'), whereas xdm/kdm/gdm use
.xsession (actually, .xsession works for me from 'startx' as well...)

-b3