Re: what i've learned, and explanation.

Having dealt with Lusers for far longer than I care to think about
I'm going to go ahead and give some opnions on the subject.

>Other important questions are:
>
>* Specifically, _what_ are people entitled to?  Are they entitled

>  demand that I spend my time catering to their needs?  Are they
>  entitled to be rude while doing it?  Are they entitled to be

rude in
>  demanding that I spend my time catering to them when they have

no
>  plans of contributing in any way?
The sad and simple fact are yes people do in fact think that. Many
of them can not understand that on the lists, IRC or whatever that
we are just a bunch of people who do this stuff cause we really do
love it. Therefore many of them treat us the way that they treat
their sys admins and support people. That is with the attitude fix
my stuff, don't make me think or learn I just want it to work and
to workt the way I think it should. Then they wonder why things
never seem to happen as fast as it should *evil grin*. The simple
fact is these people do not understand why techies (using that
term in as broad a possible sense)are the way we are. They simply
can not understand why we would want the exact wording of an error
that means nothing to them. They are very concrete thinkers
because the error means nothing to them it must mean nothing to
everybody and because they know something everybody must know it.
Just like a person today who was shocked and pissed off that I
could not restore a file that had been on a HD that the hardware
guys had taken away. In any case it comes down to the fact that
these people never learn to think, reason, or imagine. I thought I
had a point but it turned into a rant. It has been a long week at
work. Sorry and thanks. :)