Re: Re: what i've learned, and explanation.

>  A good, clear bug report is just as valuable as code, because it can
>  point out where things are going wrong.  A user who is completely
>  new to an application can point out things which are overly obtuse,
>  or gaps in the manual.

This is good-- but one thing I've run into as the rankest of newbies is not knowing if some problem is a genuine bug or just my ignorance at work.

As for gaps in documentation, I've asked for help, having read some documentation, only to find there is more, better doc somewhere else. It can be difficult to know when one's exhausted the possibilities before resorting to the mailing list.

This is *not* in the spirit of a kvetch, BTW. I agree with the "Linux will strengthen you if it doesn't kill you" camp.