Re: strace cures fetchmail segfault

Thanks once more for your help, Alan.  I'm glad to say that the
problem has somehow solved itself.  After a week or so and a few
dozen failures, the thing suddenly works.  I suspect that the
gremlin saw my >alias fetch='strace -o /dev/null fetchmail'< and
gave up trying to torture me and started obeying >fetchmail<.
It's worked half a dozen times in a row.

If anyone has similar problems, it might result from the rewrite
section of /etc/exim.config.  I had blindly copied 'bcfrF' as flags,
but on re-Ring TFM decided that 'frF' was more appropriate.  I feel
sure I was still getting segfaults after this change, but I must be
wrong since I can't think of any other change I made that could
have affected things.

Thanks again.

David