Re: smart file archiving

On Thursday 12 April 2001 12:20, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

Large mp3 stores are problem, backing up to cd is probably not the best
answer.

What about adding a second hard disk?  IDE disks are very cheap right now.

You can do RAID1 with it to mirror your existing mp3's (if they are on their
own partition) or you can do it with rsync, which is probably best.  the
first time you sync directories with rsync will take a while, but after that
you can tell it to only copy the new files since the last time you used it,
so the backups won't take very long.  Place in your crontab and forget about
it.

Do you need them on cd, or do you just want a second copy in case what you
have somehow gets blown away?

--
Tim Kelley
tpkelley@winkinc.com