Re: Should arrogant, self-important people be encouraged to use Linux?

%% tom@tomd.org writes:

  t> Ok, so let me get this straight.  Calling people "dumb lazy idiots"
  t> for wanting decent documentation is OK

No one is calling anyone a "dumb lazy idiot" for wanting decent
documentation.

Hell, _everyone_ wants decent documentation.  We'd all _love_ decent
documentation.  We don't enjoy hearing from frustrated newbies any more
than you (the general "you", not you you :) enjoy _being_ a frustrated
newbie.

People are called "dumb lazy idiots" when their sole and total
contribution to Debian, an all-volunteer organization which provides
incredible value to many people, is to tell everyone that they shouldn't
be doing what they want to do, but should drop that and instead
immediately start doing what _you_ think they should.

Maybe you can see how this "advice" is, after all, not very useful.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools