Mailing list software

Hi,

What mailing list software is availble under GPL that will expand the name of each subscribed user from a specified argument variable in an email sent by the list moderator/administrator or general users?

i.e. I want to send an email to the list as follows:

Hi ${firstname},

and the subscribed user (me) should recieve:

Hi Eugene,

I've taken a look at most of the common (SmartList, Majordomo) ones but their docs don't seem to indicate anything of this nature?

Thanks,
Eugene van Zyl