Re: Debian install on RAID hardware

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001, Rafael Hinojosa wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm not exactly sure if this question should be posted to this list, or to
> another more specific list.  If so, do let me know.
>
> The organization I belong to just received a new Dell PowerEdge 1400 with
> the PercRAID 2/DC dual channel RAID card.  Current plans are to use this
> machine to replace an old server.

<snip>

> If anyone has had any previous experience getting this card to work under
> Debian, some advice would be appreciated.

Raf,

Hi.  I don't have much advice for you since I've never done linux on
Raid, but I'm fairly certain (second-hand: from reading this list)
that Debian works well with Mylex Raid (supposedly the best supported
Raid on linux in general).  You'll have to wait further for more
knowledgeable folks to help you with the PercRAID.

Take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics