Re: Buerk : newbie-debian-user@lists.debian.org

Joris Lambrecht <jlambrec@landis.be> wrote:
>If i'm out of line someone please let me know, don't want to offend any
>moderators.

Moderators?

>Maybe it would be a good idea for newbies to prefix there mails with NB : or
>Newbie : just like there exists a habit of using OT : for off-topic
>messages. This should also help out the people who simply don't want to be
>bothered with newbie questions.

Bah, no sense encouraging people to classify themselves as newbies -
people who are aware enough of their limitations to say that are usually
not a great problem to answer, and tend to be more clueful than they
think they are anyway. (Where was it that I saw an essay on the way
people who classified themselves as most computer-literate had a higher
chance of performing least well in tests?)