Re: Woody nukes Gnome

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 08:32:03PM -0400, Glen Snyder wrote:
> Just did an apt-get dist-upgrade
> I'm using Woody, and have not had any problem with ximian's Debian
> install of Gnome for the past couple months, until now.
> The upgrade trashes Gnome big time, as well as Sawfish, Gnumeric, you
> name it... It was something in the upgrade that was added just
> today....500 k or so of upgrades and Gnome had a dependency tizzy.
> Help! Save me from KDE and black screens with command prompts!

you must purge all ximian and helix packages before upgrading to
woody, then install woody's gnome.  ximian does not support unstable
or testing.  and there is no reason whatsoever to use ximian there
anyway since woody/sid have up to date gnome (1.4 probably is all the
way there but it will be shortly).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/