pppoe connection

Hi..
I just install Debian potato in my machine.. but then I have a problem to connect to the internet.. in previous Linux Distribution i used (Mandrake), I don't have to configure the network card (or either it's already detected), and also I downloaded the script pppoe to make it connected, but then I can't use it in Debian, there was a problem in confuguring the pppoe script, or maybe because the network card isn't detected... can anyone help me? btw. I use Intel Pro/100 + Management Adapter (In case it's not detected in Debian, can anyone help me to for the driver?)
Thank you very much