[OT] (floppy?? and win 95) two questions

Hello. I am still a Debian want to be. All that I know is win98. I am in the process of a major hardware upgrade and have two questions I wanted to run by the list.

1) I intend to setup a Debian desktop. I will be re partitioning my 6.4gb drive allowing approx 4gb for Debian. I need to keep my windows system going for a while because of some of the apps I and my wife use. I am contemplating putting win95 instead of win98 back on the smaller partition. My feeling is that every release of an ms opperating system is much slower and more "buggy". I have plenty of RAM and hd space for win 98 but like the idea of the smaller footprint of win95. Any thoughts?

2) I'm thinking of not installing a floppy drive. I have a rewritable cd drive and rarely use a floppy drive. I am thinking less wattage less heat, more open space in the case. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help and bandwidth. -Jeff H