Re: [OT] (floppy?? and win 95) two questions

» jh said this and I say that:

> 1) I intend to setup a Debian desktop. I will be re partitioning my 6.4gb
> drive allowing approx 4gb for Debian. I need to keep my windows system
> going for a while because of some of the apps I and my wife use. I am
> contemplating putting win95 instead of win98 back on the smaller partition.
> My feeling is that every release of an ms opperating system is much slower
> and more "buggy". I have plenty of RAM and hd space for win 98 but like the
> idea of the smaller footprint of win95. Any thoughts?

	My personal opinin is that the "best" Windows that exists is
Win 3.11. However, it's too much out-of-date. 2.4 gb are pretty good
for win95 and whatever application you want to run under it.
	For the debian partition, I suggest you create three
partitions: one for system, one for home and one for swap. The swap
one may be small, something about 128 Mb. The size of the other ones
is up to you, depending on what kind of installation you are planning
to do and what kind of stuff you're gonna store on your home. Maybe
50%-50% would do it for you.

> 2) I'm thinking of not installing a floppy drive. I have a rewritable cd
> drive and rarely use a floppy drive. I am thinking less wattage less heat,
> more open space in the case. Any thoughts?

	A floppy drive doesn't cost that much and could help you a
lot. You can create a rescue floppy anywhere, but you can't create a
rescue CD anywhere.

--
[]'s,
		francisco m. neto