RE: TNT2 and Potato XF86 3.3

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Joris Lambrecht wrote:

> Moreover, it's well supported in X and support nice refresh rates at any
> resolution, my brand new monitor still can't beat this card. i'm getting all
> melancholic here but man take a look at the picture quality of the G200
> compared to a TnT2 (muddy colors)

I have two machines here, one with a TNT2 and one with a G200. Both are
connected to a KVM switch with the same type of video cables.

The TNT2 has a much, much sharper display at 1280x1024 @ 85Hz. A co-worker
upgraded his machine to a GeForce2, and gave me the TNT2. It's the same
model as what's in my other machine. I see no reason why the new card would
perform differently.

I've been a fan of Matrox for 2D ever since the Millenium. (In fact, there's
one of those in another machine here...) I was amazed at the relatively poor
image quality the G200 provides.

-B

--
Brandon High                                     armitage@freaks.com
I love defenseless animals, especially in a good gravy.