Re: URGENT! help w/ Linux@work

Cameron Matheson wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I just finished installing Debian 2.2r2 at work (boss gave me
> permission), but I don't know how to get the net working through a
> gateway.  We have a linux server (192.168.0.1).  I added it to the
> /etc/network/interfaces file (as the gateway), but when I try to apt-get
> w/ http (for dist-upgrade), it can't connect to any servers.  Lynx
> doesn't work either.  What else do I have to do?  Please help, as I'm
> trying to make Linux look as good as it is.
>
> Thanks,
> Cameron Matheson
>
> PS (please CC, I'm only subscribed to list @home)

Try putting this in your /etc/networ/interfaces file in the section for
your interface:
	up route add default gw 192.168.0.1

This will add a default route after the interface comes up.  Hope this
helps...

--
Morgan Terry
mterry@acsbps.com

It is easier to move a problem around (for example, by moving
the problem to a different part of the overall network
architecture) than it is to solve it.  --RFC 1925