Re: sources.list and locally generated debs

On 09 Apr 2001 12:17:09 -0400, Chris Gray wrote:

> If I understand the question correctly, it seems the canonical answer
> is to raise the version number of the locally created package.  This
> should keep dselect or apt from thinking that the local package is
> obsolete.  You can change the version of the package by adding to the
> debian/changelog file.  There is a nice mode in emacs to help you do this.

First, thanks to everyone who replied.

To make it more concrete here's an example:

I compile the kernel with 'make-kpkg --revision=Custom.2 kernel_image'
and dpkg -i the resulting deb, as recommended in the debian FAQ. Now,
when i start dselect, kernel-image-2.4 with installed version Custom.2
has no available version (since dselect doesn't know about the directory
it lives in) and is therefore in section Obsolete/local. This is what I
don't like.

Thanks for comments, M.

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government