Re: sendmail statistics(sendmail.st) not working ?

Richard A Nelson wrote:

> Debian, by default, doesn't include the file because keeping those
> stats is a (minor, but unmeasured degradation).
>
> If you want the stats, simply touch the file as defined in sendmail.cf
ok i'll try that! thanks

> Offline, could you send me what kind of modiifications you're doing?
> (I've completely redone the build environment - making real use of
> autoconf - so I'd be happy to add support for extensions).

mostly just configuration changes in sendmail.mc. also in most of the
systems i integrate relay virus scanning with amavis (http://amavis.org)
as well as most of my systems use Cyrus to do mail delivery so further
config changes are needed. also on all the systems sendmail runs as
user mail via RunAsUser, the sendmail 8.11 systems run as user mail
group mail via DefaultUser. my most recent changes to sendmail.mc
look something like:

LOCAL_CONFIG
## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)
MAILER(cyrus)dnl
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus')
LOCAL_RULE_0
Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >	$#cyrusbb $: $1
FEATURE(virtusertable)dnl
FEATURE(access_db)dnl
FEATURE(dnsbl)
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
FEATURE(`delay_checks', `hater')dnl
define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG',`$j ')dnl
define(`confRUN_AS_USER', `mail')dnl
define(`confDEF_USER_ID', `mail:mail')dnl
define(`confPID_FILE', `/etc/mail/sendmail.pid')dnl
define(`confTRUSTED_USER', `mail')dnl
define(`confREJECT_MSG', `[Access denied] Contact postmaster@aphroland.org to
get this resolved')dnl
define(`confMAX_QUEUE_RUN_SIZE', `100')dnl
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to')dnl
define(`confQUEUE_SORT_ORDER', `time')dnl
define(`confSEPARATE_PROC', `true')dnl
define(`confCONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE', `20')dnl
define(`confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN', `350')dnl
define(`confREFUSE_LA', `10')dnl
define(`confQUEUE_LA', `8')dnl
define(`confTO_HOSTSTATUS', `15m')dnl
define(`confTO_COMMAND', `10m')dnl
define(`confTO_DATAFINAL', `10m')dnl
define(`confTO_DATABLOCK', `10m')dnl
define(`confTO_RCPT', `10m')dnl
define(`confSINGLE_THREAD_DELIVERY', `true')dnl
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD', `true')dnl
define(`confCON_EXPENSIVE', `true')dnl
define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE', `2097152')dnl
define(`confMIN_FREE_BLOCKS', `250')dnl

im sure i dont need to make that many changes but im having fun learning
it :) its the last of the big 3 daemons(apache, bind, sendmail) that im
learning how it works at the core.

thanks again

nate

--