Re: Debian xterm termcap broken

On Sun Apr  8 14:04:02 2001 Alan Shutko wrote...

>Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com> writes:
>
>> I have a fairly fresh stable install on a machine, and I am having
>> problems with the Debian xterm termcap entry.
>>
>> Loged onot the Debian box for a HP-UX machine, and runing a real
>> xterm on that machine.
>
>Try
>
>export TERM=xterm-r5

	OK, that works great.

	How about a bit of an explanation here? Did backward compatibilty get broken
	for a reason? There are a world of X11R5 servers out there.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.