Sparc boot disks

I'm having trouble installing debian on an Ultra E1. I have (several times over the last couple of weeks) downloaded fresh copies of the rescue and driver-1 disk from the sun4u directory, and the root disk as well. I've written them to several different new disks.

I get through to the part where I install the drivers disk onto the harddrive. It says, "This is disk 1 of 1 in the drv14-sun4u series 27-Nov-2000 13:18 EST, Wrong Disk This is from series drv14-sun4u, You need disk 1 of series the driver series [sic]"

The rescue and drivers disks should match they both came from the same sun4u directory on ftp.debian.org, and the errors message doesn't make sense.

What can I try to fix this? I can install on E1's with a CD, but the 2 E1's I have now, do not have a CD rom drive, the drives were stolen by someone from another department. I could probably find a temporary drive, but there must be something wrong with the boot disks or perhaps my brain is out of wack, and I don't realize something obvious.