Proposal: dpkg change: scripts in /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci

Hello,

I mounted /var as noexec/nodev because of security reasons.
I created partition /exec for using it on scripts etc that needs to be
executed.

Now I can't install packages - dpkg extracts package into
/var/lig/dpkg/tmp.ci directory which is created for every new package and
removed after installasion.

the workaround could be moving whole /var/lig/dpkg to /exec partition and
making a symlink from /var/lib.

Well I don't like this way. prerm and postinst scripts are stored in
/var/lib/dpkg/info - making THIS a symlink seems much better.

but I even would like dpkg to put all scripts in separate directory and run
it from there.

making tmp.ci a symlink to /exec is impossible because that symlink would be
removed every time dpkg is called

Therefore I propose changing dpkg behaviour - store all scripts in separate
directory that wouldn't be removed every time dpkg is called.

comments?
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/