Re: Help me setup ADSL please

ok i have reciently setup ADSL on my computer and have now done it on 2 others.
goto www.roaringpenguin.com and download rp-pppoe-3.0   this contains the setup
that edits all the appropriate files.
next you have to compile PPP and async PPP into the kernel.
Next step is to edit /ect/network/insterfaces and all u need in there in relation
to eth0 is:  auto eth0  comment everything else out to do with eth0.

then once you have recompiled the kernel with async PPP and PPP and edit
interfaces untar the rp-pppoe-3.0.tar.gz file, cd into the dir and type ./go and
put in your detials then type anywhere as root adsl-start  and it should work,
have fun

Nathan Andrews