connecting adsl on startup

I installed the pppoe 2.8 debian package and configured it with adsl-setup.
I can connect to my ISP with adsl-start.
Now I want to have the connection starting at boot time. There are two ways:

1. I put the following script in /etc/init.d

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/adsl-start

and made a symlink to it in /etc/rc2.d. The script is executable. But the
connection isn't startet at boot time. Is the script wrong? Or is it the wrong
runlevel? Did I miss something else?

2. I could rename /etc/ppp/no_ppp_on_boot to /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot and edit.
But I can't even connect with pon. I did everything I'm supposed to do to
make it work (what /usr/doc/pppoe/README.Debian says). pon does not complain
about anything, it just quietly returns, but there's no connection. Maybe
adsl-setup changed something I don't know.

Help would be great.

Robert

http://www.gmx.net